This versatile chilli jam was inspired by a wonderful Peter Gordon recipe, the fish sauce and ginger bring an amazing taste.
We replace the 300gms of sugar with Sugar-free Queens Maple Syrup, and fresh ginger and chills with jar varieties from the supermarket.
1 x tin tomatoes
2 x medium tomatos
1 x tablespoon red chilli paste
1 x tablespoon minced ginger
5 cloves of peeled garlic
2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
½-¾ cup Queen’s Maple Syrup
100mls red wine vinegar
- Mix the tinned tomato, chilli, garlic, ginger and fish sauce, and then puree the lot.
- Place in a pot with the maple syrup and vinegar, and bring to the boil while gently stirring.
- Chop up the remaining tomatoes, add them to the pot and turn down the heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and stir often so it doesn’t catch.
- When it has reduced to a thick jelly pour into sterilised jars and seal.